MARCH 30, 2017
DIRECTOR, DISTRIBUTION AND MARKET DEVELOPMENT
POSITION NUMBER: 00021262
POSITION STATUS: Continuous, Full-Time
DIVISION: Distribution, Communication & Marketing
Department : Distribution & Market Development
SALARY RANGE: DE2
UNION CATEGORY: Non- represented
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Director, Distribution and Market Development is responsible for distribution strategies, action plans and managing sales for NFB productions, archives and the licensing and merchandising of NFB assets in various markets and territories. In order to maximize revenues and audiences; negotiates sales of NFB productions in the television and consumer markets; manages the teams delivering and supporting these activities. Manages the human and financial resources of the following sectors via their respective managers: Business Affairs, Sales and Market Development, Stock Footage, Sales and Customer Service.
· Develops a yearly action plan for the sector, establishing goals and strategies, contributes to the divisional business plan.
· Evaluates and recommends the physical and financial resources required for the operations of the sector.
· Oversees the promotion and sale of NFB products in global markets, analyses trends and updates business strategies appropriately.
· Negotiates sales of NFB productions in the television and consumer markets, identifies and pursues opportunities for all-rights agreements in various territories and for other opportunities as they arise.
· Attends key industry events, for example, festivals, markets, etc. and maintains up-to-date knowledge of market trends and best practices.
· Has the overall responsibility to ensure business revenues review, market and client sales analysis and the distribution planning process.
· Provides recommendations to NFB’s programs concerning the sales and demand for NFB productions.
· Liaises with the Partnerships and Institutional Projects sector on the operationalization of new business development opportunities.
· Maximizes revenue in national and international markets, recommends programs and activities to attain or surpass yearly revenue objectives and seeks business opportunities to generate new revenues.
· Sets performance objectives for each direct report and evaluates performance on a regular basis, including yearly performance reviews.
· Undergraduate degree in management, Arts, commerce or equivalent.
· More than ten (10) years of experience in the industry and at least 5 years in a sales director position
· Experience in the Canadian and international television market and in the consumer market, preferably with the distribution of film and/or other media
· Excellent business acumen and extensive knowledge of the Canadian film and TV industries and the various co-production funding processes
· Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
· Bilingual in both official languages, written and spoken.
· Good organizational skills and excellent communicator.
· Ability to work under pressure, team work, leadership, good people skills, judgment and autonomy.
Interested candidates with the above qualifications are invited to apply in writing, including a copy of their résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org , BY May 26, 2017, citing competition number: JS-00021262.
As part of its employment equity policy, the NFB gives special consideration to applications from all qualified candidates belonging to any of the following groups: Aboriginal peoples, persons with a disability and visible minorities.
Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.