APRIL 26, 2017
HEAD, MEDIA RELATIONS
POSITION NUMBER: 00021217
POSITION STATUS: Continuous, Full-Time
DIVISION: Distribution, Communication & Marketing
Department : Communication, Partnerships and Public Affairs
SALARY RANGE: 11 - $79, 197 to $102, 264 (non-revised)
UNION CATEGORY: PIPSC
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Contributes to the media relations strategic planning in conventional and digital media for the promotion and visibility of the NFB, its creations and expertise. Designs and implements strategies and action plans to ensure the NFB's institutional presence in social media. Participates in establishing budgets, action plans, objectives and strategies of his/her sector. Sets objectives for his/her team and short- and medium-term operational tactics on the national and international stage. Responsible for the implementation of action plans related to maintaining the organization’s image and the targeted promotion of policies and programs to external audiences. Uses the channels and communication tools customized to establish objectives and guide media contributions according to the target clientele. Supervises his/her team members. Ensures that targets are met within established timelines and using allocated resources. Intervenes and recommends appropriate solutions when new and complex problems arise.
· Contributes to the works’ communication-marketing plans and the NFB's institutional positioning plan, participates in the design and implementation of the media strategies proposed by his/her team.
· Establishes innovative media partnerships where appropriate in connection with general management and production.
· Ensures the flow and the quality of work done externally.
· Works closely with the NFB's Head, Marketing and Head, Social Media to ensure an overview of upcoming projects and timelines in order to properly guide related press activities.
· Develops or manages the external resources necessary for the development of communications material and tools and develops collaborative tools between the teams and the various projects.
· Evaluates performance in press relations and linguistic services matters, helps establish objectives and tries to optimize actions in these respects.
· Establishes and coordinates the timetable for carrying out activities related to the various projects and ensures that deadlines are met.
· Establishes a system for managing and updating conventional and social media lists.
· Ensures the media knowledge development of his/her team, and establishes methods and best practices for measuring the team’s performance indicators.
· Maintains regular contacts with the media and helps to strengthen links between the media and media liaison officers.
· Undergraduate degree in an area related to the responsibilities of the position (Journalism, Communications, Political Science, or other related fields).
· Minimum of nine (9) years’ relevant and recent experience required (within a Canadian media outlet or agencies or institutions related to media management).
· Extensive experience and practical knowledge of Canadian media, its function and evolution, both those described as more "conventional" and those related to new technologies.
· Experience of at least 2 years in personnel management .
· Good knowledge of the film industry.
Proficient in the main tools and platforms in social media, aware of new developments and trends in this area (Facebook, monitoring tools, Google Analytics, Twitter, strategies, etc.).
Proficiency of MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Excellent writing skills (English or French).
Bilingualism essential in both official languages, written and oral.
· Well-developed organizational, planning and project management skills.
· Strong critical thinking, teamwork and collaborative skills.
· Demonstrates curiosity, creativity and thoroughness.
· Superior interpersonal skills, judgement, and deductive reasoning skills.
· Ability to work under pressure, in a quick-paced environment.
Interested candidates with the above qualifications are invited to apply in writing, including a copy of their résumé to email@example.com , BY MAY 26th, 2017, citing competition number: JS-00021217.
As part of its employment equity policy, the NFB gives special consideration to applications from all qualified candidates belonging to any of the following groups: Aboriginal peoples, persons with a disability and visible minorities.
Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.