FEBRUARY 12, 2018
OFFICER, TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND ACCOMMODATIONS
POSITION NUMBER: 00021447
POSITION STATUS: Continuous, Full-Time
DIVISION: Finance, Operations and Technology
DEPARTMENT: Material Resources and Accommodations
SALARY RANGE: 06 – $47,071 to $58,452 (unrevised)
UNION CATEGORY: SGCT
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The incumbent of the position analyzes, manages and coordinates all aspects of NFB's wireline telephony and wireless telecommunications (mobile cellular phones) nationally in accordance with the NFB policy on acquiring and using telecommunications services and equipment and other wireless mobile devices.
- Informs and advises NFB employees nationally about wireline and wireless telephony, provides technical support and training on services and equipment, and drafts reference documents.
- Manages and controls the acquisition, installation, operation and repair of wireline telephony systems and equipment.
- Coordinates and manages long-distance services and calling cards (in compliance with the national contracts awarded by Shared Services Canada).
- Analyzes wireless telecommunications needs and acquires services and equipment.
- Verifies billing, confirms the accuracy of charges, participates in the administrative monitoring of service requests and prepares management reports as needed.
- Liaises between the NFB and the various agents of the telecommunications industry.
- Acts as a contact for head office tenant services. Receives and handles complaints or requests from employees and the building manager.
- Helps the facilities team in coordinating activities related to moving NFB offices.
- Assists the senior facilities officer with the department’s administrative tasks and security-related tasks.
- College diploma in technology, or equivalent.
- A minimum of three years in a comparable position.
- Knowledge of various telephony technologies.
- Knowledge of both official languages required.
- Compliance with policies.
- Focused on client service.
- Good communication.
- Attention to detail.
Interested candidates with the above qualifications are invited to apply in writing, including a copy of their résumé to email@example.com, BY FEBRUARY 23, 2018, citing competition number: JS-00021447.
As part of its employment equity policy, the NFB gives special consideration to applications from all qualified candidates belonging to any of the following groups: Aboriginal peoples, persons with a disability and visible minorities.
Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.