The Equity program offers, several times a year, paid training periods (±3 months) for people from a culturally diverse community. Stay tune: next offers are coming up in Spring 2015.
Paid training period at the French Program
To promote the growth of emerging talent who identify themselves as coming from a culturally diverse community, the NFB’s French Program in Toronto is offering a professional training period at its Canadian Francophonie Studio in Toronto. The initiative will enable the selected candidate to gain work experience over a three-month period. The program is intended for those already active in audiovisual production, preferably in the documentary sector. The French Program promotes an auteur approach for all its productions.
- Self identify as being from a culturally diverse community*
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Have experience and/or training in producing and/or directing a documentary work, particularly experience in research
- Have a very good command of French (oral and written)
- Be available full-time for the duration of the training period (training period dates are negotiable).
Those interested in this training period and who have the above-mentioned qualifications are requested to email their curriculum vitae along with a letter of interest to email@example.com NO LATER THAN AUGUST 22, 2014.
A good knowledge of the African ethnic communities comprising the Canadian Francophonie is an asset.
*Cultural minority groups from the following Diasporas: Asian, Caribbean, African, Latin American and other minority groups from the Pacific Islands.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org